Google Groups
Subscribe to Restore The Gulf
Email:
Visit this group

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Amazing Experience

As Gordon posted, I will be working as a biologist in the effort to rescue animals in the gulf. I haven't begun work yet, but I am getting used to the roads in this part of Louisiana (aka I have been officially lost for 10 hours). To the family at Catholic Charities, thank you for allowing us the opportunity to help you serve the communities of Lafitte and St. Bernard. I will forever remember what this volunteer experience meant to me. You are doing good things.

Thank you to all of our supporters, you have really made a difference for the people we helped while on our humble journey. This adventure showed us how much the people of the gulf appreciate even the smallest gesture. I hope to help Gordon coordinate more waves of volunteers to the Gulf area to help organizations like Catholic Charities. The oil will not last forever, but the spirit of teamwork through volunteering will stand the test of time. Please consider giving your time, talent or treasure to the people of the gulf. Joining the droves of people working and volunteering to restore the gulf is the right thing to do. BP is funding cleanup efforts and volunteer organizations alike, so people have the ability to make the gulf a tourist and fishing destination once again. That is why I have decided to stay here and work toward the solution.


-Chris